Life story of Late Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa
- Tamily Nandu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa passed away a long battle with illness.
- Jayalalithaa was born on Feb 24, 1948 in Melukote of Mysore District
- she made her acting debut in 1964 in kannada Film ‘Chinnada Gombe’
- Since 1965, her on-screen pairing with MGR remains unparalleled in tamil cinema.
- Her last film with MG Ramachandran was in 1973, a year after he formed AIADMK
- In 1982 she joined AIADMK and delivered her maiden political speech
- In 1984 she was elected to the Rajya Sabha for the first time
- In 1986, MGR sacked Jayalalithaa after she formed a parallel political outfit.
- After MGR died in 1987, she claimed stake to led the party
- IN 1991 she became the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for the first time
- After losing power in 1996, she faced a slew of corruption charges
- Though she returned to power in 2001 Supreme Court barred her from becoming the CM
- She finally took OATH in 2002 for the second time after getting acquitted in 2 cases.
- Since 2011, she won two back- to-back assembly polls
- In 2014,she was convicted in another corruption case, and jailed for a month
- But she returned as the Chief Minister in 2015
- In Sep 2016, Her health started falling, and was admitted to Apollo Hospital
- AMID prayers and wishes, she continued to battle Illness for over 2 months
- Jayalalithaa Feb,1948-Dec, 2016.
View more videos of CEO Tv.