Last year on 16th January Government of India introduced a campaign which is aimed to boost entrepreneurship and encourage start ups with jobs creation. The #StartupIndia initiative is also aimed at promoting entrepreneurship among SC/ST and women communities.
The Government of India has received immense response from budding entrepreneurs. Below are the achievements by #startupindia:
- Over 27,000 quires had been made one handholding startups.
- 170+ Startups have been mentored for incubating and funding support.
- 118 incubators recognized to help the startups in their entrepreneurial journey.
- Online reorganizations have over 500 startups.
- About 10,000 Crore Rupees have by funded.
- Innovation Hub has been introduced under Atal Innovation Missions.
- Income Tax Department have exempted 3 year on capital gain and on investment above fair market values.
- The panel over 277 facilitators for the patent and 215 facilitators for trademark applications.
- New schemes are provided IPR (Industrial Property Rights) protections to startups and new firms.
- 80% of the applicants have received their patent fee and also received legal assistance.
Ms. Niramala Sitharaman who is Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs (Karnataka) runs these operations. She had undergone meetings with prominent names of the industry like Paytm’s Vice President Sudhanshu Gupta, Ola’s Senior Director Anand Subramanium, Co-founder of Delhivery Mr. Suraj Sahasaran, Nykaa.com’s CFO Mr. Sachin Parikh, Co-founder of UrbanClap Mr. Abhiraj Bhal, CEO of Mapmygenome Mr. Anu Acharya, and Mr. Rivi Varghese CEO and Co-founder of CustomerXP to promote #startupindia.