Life story of Ratan Tata
- Ratan Tata was born in 28 Dec 1937 in Surat, Gujarat, to Naval Tata and his first wife, Sonoo.
- He has a younger brother Jimmy, and a step brother named Noel Tata from his father’s second marriage to Simone Tata
- His parents separated when he was 10, so post that his brother and him were raised by their grandmother, Lady Navajbai Tata in Mumbai.
- Graduated from Cornell University, he got his degree in architecture in structural engineering in 1962.
- He has started his journey in the 1960 in the TATA group
- His first role in Tata group was a general worker in Tata Steel.
- He succeeded J.R.D Tata in 1991 and became the Chairman of Tata group.
- This decision was criticized by many as Ratan Tata was not sufficiently experienced at that time.
- His impeccable leadership skills lead Tata Group to new heights and made it a global brand.
- Ratan Tata’s passion for cars made him create Tata Nano, the cheapest car in the world.
- He received the prestigious honorary Padma Vibhushan in the year 2008.
- He also received the Padma Bhushan in the year 2000 for his tremendous work done throughout his life building the Tata Empire.
- In 2012 Ratan Tata resigned from all his responsibilities on his birthday.
- His responsibilities were transferred to Cyrus Mistry, son of Palonji Mistry and M.D of Shapoorji Pallonji Group.
- He received the Honorary Doctor of Laws by York University, Canada in 2014
- Tata Group fired Cyrus Mistry, and now Ratan Tata is looking for the next Tata Chairman.
See more videos on CEO Tv.