Top Indian Law Firms Where Every Law Graduate Wants to Work
A good salary on an interesting job profile in a reputed company – this is the basic expectation of every student pursuing a graduation course. Law graduates are no different. They too wish that after completing a specialization in any of the LLB courses, they get the chance to work with top law firms that help in creating a strong career path in future.
If you too are pursuing any of the LLB courses or going to apply for one, it’s important to know about top Indian law firms where you can work later. Here’s the list, check it now!
Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.
Though it came to existence in 2015, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas & Co. is one of the top law firms in India. The company was a result of a split between Amarchand Mangaldas and Suresh A Shroff and Co.
Headquartered at Mumbai, it has around 700 lawyers and 120 partners. The company also has its offices in metropolitan cities like Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bengaluru and Ahmedabad. Over the years, the company has attained a plethora of accolades. Some notable ones include:
- Employer of Choice 2018 – India at Asian Legal Business Awards 2018
- Most Innovative Law Firm of the Year – India at IFLR Asia Awards, 2018
- National Law Firm of the Year at Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards, 2018
Go, fill that LLB form already!
Khaitan And Co.
More than 100 years have gone by since Khaitan and Co. began started operations. Today, its name is synonymous with trust and heritage. Khaitan And Co. is not just famous for its outstanding work in the law industry but also the privileges that it offers to the employees. Khaitan and Co. is known to be one of the highest paying law firms in India.
From banking and finance to insurance and tax, there are various fields where the company has a strong hold. Here are some awards and accolades that Khaitan And Co. has won for its exceptional performance:
- Asian-Mena Counsel Firm of the Year 2017 – India
- Law Firm of the Year – India at Asialaw Asia-Pacific Legal Practice Awards 2017
- Best Firm to Work for at IDEX Legal Awards 2017
Choose from any of the LLB courses to work with this reputed law firm.
Kochhar & Co
With more than 200 lawyers, Kochhar & Co. is one of the leading and largest corporate law firms in India (“Firm”) . Kochhar & Co. enjoys the distinction of being the only law firm with a full-service presence in the six (6) prominent cities of India namely: New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon and Hyderabad and four (4) overseas offices: Dubai, Singapore, Atlanta, Jeddah.
Awards & Credentials
- Legal 500 Top -Tier Firm: Corporate and M&A, Dispute Resolution, Real Estate & Construction, Technology Media & Telecom, Employment & Industrial Relations, Projects Energy & Infrastructure, Intellectual Property, Aviation & Defence, White Collar Crime.
- Chambers Asia Pacific Top – Ranked Firm: Technology Media & Telecom.
- Kochhar & Co. is the recipient of the India Legal Awards for the Best Intellectual Property (IP) Firm of the Year 2018 – 2019 and Best Litigation – Disputes Resolution Firm of the Year 2017 – 2018.
- Indian Law Firm Award 2018 -19 for excellence for excellence in Employment & Industrial Relations, Technology Laws, Media & Entertainment Laws.
Your LLB degree will act as a gateway to helping you get a job in this firm.
Another successful name in the law world, S&R Associates has its offices in Mumbai and Delhi. The company has several overseas clients and is known for offering international quality legal services. Its aim is not restricted to providing best services to the clients but also ensure that the employees are given the best pay scale.
For its amazing work, the company has also received recognition from Chambers Asia Pacific, Chambers Global, Legal500, RSG India Report and IFLR1000.
J Sagar And Associates (JSA)
One of the top national law firms in India, JSA has over 25 years of experience. Today, more than 300 lawyers dedicatedly work in its offices across cities like Delhi, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Bengaluru. As it offers lucrative pay scale and high bonus, the company is also among the highest paying law firms in the country.
Some of the notable awards and recognitions achieved by JSA include:
- “Tier 1 Law Firm for Banking & Finance, Projects, and TMT” – by Chambers & Partners
- Ranked 15 amongst Most Innovative Law Firms (Asia-Pacific) by IFLR
- Best Overall Law Firm by Indian Business Law Journal
Apart from these, some other top Indian firms where law graduates wish to work are as follows:
- AZB and Partners
- Luthra and Luthra
- Desai and Diwanji
- Talwar Thakore and Associates
Getting a job in these law firms is no less than a dream come true for many aspirants. However, one has to become the apt candidate for that. There are various factors that can enhance the chances of getting hired. For instance, freshers must have done their LLB courses from renowned colleges and universities with good marks.
Some universities like UPES also run placement drives where top recruiters like Amarchand Mangaldas come to hire law graduates. Thus, to ensure a good kickstart for your career, start applying to the best law colleges in India. All the best!